For 18 year old Katie Rackliff it was just a normal night out. She had recently split up with her boyfriend and her friends thought it would do her good to get out for the evening.
But there was confusion at the end of the evening after the nightclub and Katie didn't go home with her friends as planned. Instead, she met a brutal and terrifying death.
In this episode of the UK true Crime podcast I look at the terrible murder of Katie Rackliff.
Writing Credit: Megan Grant. See Megan's work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/megathachristie/?igshid=MmIzYWVlNDQ5Yg%3D%3D
Find out more about the UK True Crime Podcast:
Buy my book 'Gone Fishing' about serial killer Angus Sinclair
Please head to persiedistillery.com/uktc to find about more about UK True Crime Bloodhound Gin. Remember to use the special discount promo code UKTC (UK adults only).
10. Crime & Investigation (European TV channel) (22 October 2017). Jo Frost on Britain's Killer Kids: Sharon Carr (Television documentary). Series 1, episode 3.
18. Rodway, C., Norrington-Moore, V., While, D., Hunt, I.M., Flynn, S., Swinson, N., Roscoe, A., Appleby, L., & Shaw, J. (2011). A population-based study of juvenile perpetrators of homicide in England and Wales. Journal of Adolescence, 34(1), 19-28.
19. Hill-Smith, A.J., Hugo, P., Hughes, P., Fonagy, P., & Hartman, D. (2002). Adolescents murderers: abuse and adversity in childhood. Journal of Adolescence, 25(2), 221-230.
20. Gerard, F.J., Jackson, V., Chou, S., Whitfield, K.C. and Browne, K.D., 2014. An exploration of the current knowledge on young people who kill: A systematic review. Aggression and Violent Behavior, 19(5), pp.559-571.
21. Bandura, A. (1986). Social foundations of thought and action: a social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.