A lighthearted and witty exploration of some of the big questions that come up when trying to 'walk the green line'. Helping us tackle the question: 'Are we throwing away our future with our food?', is waste warrior and champion for Fairtrade and food sustainability, Melissa Hemsley, Author and Architect, & TED Talk Star, Carolyn Steel, and Ed Gillespie. Environmental entrepreneur, speaker, writer and futurist.
Hosted by Juliet Davenport, climate scientist, renewable pioneer, businesswoman, environmental activist and founder of the UK’s first 100% renewable electricity company, this podcast invites a panel of comedians and experts to tackle some of the common (and quirky!) questions that pop to mind when trying to live a greener life.
- What are the potential threats of not addressing food waste?
- Corporate sustainability - and should it really be down to the individual
- How cities and infrastructure influence how and what we eat
- Food literacy, and the fact that so much of what we are talking about relies on people knowing their way around a well stocked, or indeed understocked, kitchen. Can we really crack food waste without cracking cooking skills?
- Practical tips for reducing food waste at home including some of Melissa's recipes and tips of where to start
- A surprising turn of events for the humble and ever binned banana peel.. and then many, many uses of a cauliflower stem
Great Green Questions is powered by Good Energy and produced by Mags Creative, with curation from Hawkwood Centre for Future Thinking.