1: Shots Shots Shots
In our first episode, Corry tells the story of an Australian scientist that drank a beaker of bacteria just to prove a point! We also discuss how Easter cured stomach ulcers and, of course, what Luke’s therapist has been saying...
References & Further Reading
1. "In pursuit of diseases that have no name"
2. "The Doctor Who Drank Infectious Broth, Gave Himself an Ulcer, and Solved a Medical Mystery"
3. BarryJ Marshall, J.Robin Warren, UNIDENTIFIED CURVED BACILLI IN THE STOMACH OF PATIENTS WITH GASTRITIS AND PEPTIC ULCERATION, The Lancet
4. "Helicobacter pylori - Chapter 3 - 2016 Yellow Book | Travelers' Health | CDC".
5. Barry, Marshall (2005). "Autobiography". Nobel Foundation.
6. Marshall BJ, Warren JR (June 1984). "Unidentified curved bacilli in the
stomach of patients with gastritis and peptic ulceration". Lancet. 1
7. Konturek JW (December 2003). "Discovery by Jaworski of Helicobacter pylori and its pathogenetic role in peptic ulcer, gastritis and gastric cancer"
8. Steer HW (August 1975). "Ultrastructure of cell migration through the gastric epithelium and its relationship to bacteria"
9. Atwood IV KC (2004). "Bacteria, Ulcers, and Ostracism? H. pylori and the making of a myth"
Support us on Patreon:
Watch us on YouTube:
Follow the Sci Guys
@notcorry / @jampkin / @lukecutforth