Life Kit: Parenting
The Darker Side Of Screen Time
Wednesday, 26 June
Emotional outbursts. Lost sleep. These are signs that your kids are spending too much time with digital devices. Here's what you can do about it.
Here's what to remember:
- Pay attention to your children's emotional relationship with screens, not just how much time they are spending with them.
- Don't just make technology rules based on time.
- Do guard bedtimes and mealtimes.
- Don't expect taking away the phone to solve all your family's problems.
- Mentor your kids; don't just monitor them.