Shimona Mehta is an acclaimed tech pioneer with extensive experience in retail, technology, food and beverage. Awarded for being one of the UK’s most influential retail leaders, Shimona is best known for being the Managing Director of EMEA for Shopify - the leading e-commerce hub for independent brands. Designed to make buying and selling easy, Shopify offers businesses a range of tools to design, manage and grow an online store, hosting numerous high-growth brands including Deliveroo, Lindt, and Heinz.
Delving deeper, Shimona and I get real on female leadership in the tech industry touching on the uphill battle for women to reach the top and also so they feel like they belong there. We have a Q&A on side hustles, we answer all your questions on Instagram on when you should know you need to leave your job, how you should build your business and how you should overcome failure.
- The career path that took Shimona Mehta to become MD
- Making the move from consumer goods to tech
- How Shimona built career progression
- The journey of setting up Shopify in London
- What Shimona looks for when she hires
- Shimona's experience with imposter syndrome
- How Shimona became a good leader
- The barriers Shimona has come across
- The importance of managerial training
- Why we need women in tech
- Diversity and recruitment
- How to start your side hustle
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.